Welcome our resources page. Here you will find various links to sites containing information on sleeping disorders and sleep apnea. If you have information that would be usefull here and would like to contribute, please email email@example.com.
- Sleep Disorders
- A selection of sites provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine (Medline Plus).
- All sleep - all the time - talk about sleep - A sleep health community providing with live, interactive support and message boards.
- Brain Information Service - Sleep Home Pages - Founded at UCLA in 1968. Discussion forums, searchable electronic database of sleep abstracts. Sleep research and sleep clinics directories.
- The Dangers of Alcohol and Sleep - Alcohol Alert No. 41-1998 - Paper discussing the effects of alcohol on sleep (US National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism).
- Drowsy Driving and Automobile Crashes - NHLBI report dealing with combatting drowsy driving.
- Glossary of Terms - List of commonly used sleep terms.
- GoodSleep - Site provides users with individualized, sleep information and advice.
- KnowSleep - Sleep specialists for children with sleep disorders, restless legs syndrome and sleepwalking. Also offers tips for sleep apnea, snoring, insomnia and narcolepsy.
- National Institute of Health National Heart, Lung and blood Institute - Covers sleepiness,insomnia, sleep apnea and narcolepsy.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) - This site contains numerous pages on basic sleep and sleep disorders - best found using the search facility on the front page.
- Neuronic - A sleep and wakefulness miscellany. International Classification of Sleep Disorders, a guide to British sleep societies, resources, Sleep Assessment and Advisory Service and WWW sleep survey.
- NIH - National Center on Sleep Disorders Research - The Center has four functions: research, training, technology transfer, and coordination. Some overlap with the National Heart, Lung and Blood Insitute of which it is a part.
- Sleep Disorders - Old (1987) but useful article written by a science writer on contract with the U.S. National Institute of Mental Health.
- Sleep Disorders - MSNBC - Sleep disorders descriptions including gastroesophageal reflux.
- Sleep disorders information - From HowStuffWorks
- Sleep disorders information - From Healthgate.
- Sleep disorders information - Provided by 4therapy.
- Sleep disorders information - Provided by Mediconsults
- Sleep disorders information - Provided by HealthCommunities.
- Sleep disorders information - Provided by Medbroadcast.
- Sleep disorders information - From The Daily Apple
- Sleep disorders information - From the NeurologyChannel.
- Sleep Disorders Symptoms - The sleep cycle.
- Sleep (from Neuroscience for Kids) - Basic information about sleep for kids and adults!
- Sleep Medicine Home Page - A comprehensive links and resources one-pager for both professionals and sufferers.
- Sleep Neurobiology - Series of scientific abstracts concerning sleep produced by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts in 1997.
- The Sleep Well - A well full of information on sleep, sleep disorders, sleep activism, sleep-related events and much more!
- Sleeping Sickness - African Trypanosomiasis - A deadly sickness.
- SleepNet - Everything you wanted to know about sleep disorders but were too tired to ask. Open Sleep Forum. SleepNet links to over 200 sites.
- SleepQuest: Treating Sleep Disorders - Obstructive Sleep Apnea - SleepQuest is an internet-based healthcare company offering direct sleep care solutions.
- What Is Excessive Daytime Sleepiness? - A clear, easy-to-understand explanation of EDS, a condition usually caused by sleep disorders.
- Winkenblinkenandnod - Information and products designed to promote healthier, more restful sleep.
- The American Sleep Apnea Association - Includes general information about the disorder.
- A.P.N.E.A. Network Welcome Page - Sleep Apnea patient help, news, and information source.
- A.V. Pulmonary Care, Inc. - A fully accredited home medical equipment supplier. Excellent pricing on CPAP/BiPap equipment, masks, headgear, etc. Special orders available
- Central sleep apnea syndrome: symptoms - Central sleep apnea syndrome is a sleeping disorder where a person's breathing is interrupted many times during the night and effects 5% of the population.
- CPAP Solutions - Providing public awareness and education regarding Obstructive Sleep Apnea, while giving patients an affordable solution to purchasing equipment and supplies in a secure environment.
- A Doctor with Sleep Apnea Reviews Recent Research for Fellow Patients - A physician, afflicted with disabling obstructive sleep apnea, presents recent research publications of relevance to sleep patients. The publications are summarized in lay language and comments are included. E-mail questions are welcomed.
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery: Treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Sleep Disorders - At Facial Reconstructive Surgery, we focus on treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea and other sleep disorders.
- George Meredith, M.D. - Authoritative information on surgical treatments for obstructive sleep apnea. The site contains numerous papers on sleep apnea.
- Gunter's Sleep Disorder Homepage - Brief synopsis on apnea including symptoms.
- HealthGate: Sleep Apnea Resource Center - Located within the sleep disorder area, this page contains reports, articles and resources about sleep apnea.
- Mark's Sleep Apnea Page - A discussion of the types of sleep apnea and treatment.
- New Technology Publishing, Inc. - Health resources for sleep apnea syndrome, snoring, sleep disorders, and other disorders. Authored by patients and health care experts.
- Nose & Throat Clinics of Georgia - Nasal congestion and snoring. Our clinics offer a simple, quick and effective way to treat chronic nasal congestion and snoring using the revolutionary new FDA approved Somnoplasty(sm) procedure right in our Atlanta, Georgia, offices.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea - Sleep apnea is a life threatening disorder that afflicts more than 12 million people in the United States. People with sleep apnea stop breathing repeatedly during their sleep. An in depth look at this disorder.
- PCS Sleep Diagnostics - Sleep apnea diagnostic tools from Protective Care Systems, Inc. Frequently asked questions from physicians and patients.
- PulmonologyChannel - Sleep apnea is a common disorder that afflicts more than 12 million people in the United States. It takes its name from the Greek word apnea, which means "without breath."
- Sleep Apnea - A layman's guide to sleep apnea with graphics of condition and treatment. Information with product for sale.
- Sleep apnea and snoring: the facts - Implications of sleep apnea and snoring, and how to proceed when they are present.
- Sleep apnea can cause depression - The invisible epidemic of sleep apnea and snoring
- Sleep Apnea- Free advice from Board-certified physicians - This site provides free advice from Board-certified physicians regarding the treatment and diagnosis of sleep apnea.
- Sleep Apnea Information Clearinghouse - Devoted to sleep apnea information and support. Medical terminology and explanations of the disorder and its causes using non-technical vocabulary.
- Sleep Apnea Linked to High Blood Pressure - Researchers have established a link between sleep apnea and high blood pressure.
- Sleep Apnea Society of Alberta - A patient and professional support organisation for patients with respiratory disorders of sleep.
- Sleep Apnea treatment, prevention, and much more. - A wide range of helpful Sleep Apnea information concerning treatment, prevention, diagnosis, email groups, support groups, personal stories and much more. Updated regularly.
- Sleep Disorders and Snoring - From the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Washington State School of Medicine
- The Sleep Site - Sleep apnea, snoring, sleepiness, narcolepsy and other sleep disorders threaten health, wellness and productivity while causing motor vehicle crashes and industrial accidents. The Sleep Site provides information on how to analyze sleep-related symptoms and obtain effective help when warranted.
- SMAT -- Sleep Disorders - We offer solutions to sleep problems that brighten people's day.
- Snoring - sleep apnea information and treatment - Wealth of information on snoring or sleep apnea. Learn about the dangers of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea, treatment for snorers, impact on snorers and their family, FAQ, snoring jokes.
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea - Treatment - Diathermy palatoplasty is an office procedure for the treatment of these conditions.
- Snoring and Sleep Apnoea. Health factsheets from BUPA - Concise factsheet explaining the causes, symptoms and treatment of Snoring and Sleep Apnoea, available for downloading in Adobe acrobat format.
- Snoring Treatment Homepage - Overview of anatomy and physiology of snoring and sleep apnea syndrome. A review of current medical and surgical treatments available to help correct both conditions.
- Talk About Sleep - Offering sleep and sleep apnea information and daily facilitated chats focused on specific sleep disorders.
- The Voice Center: Sleep Disorders and Snoring - This page discusses obstructive sleep apnea and snoring.
- What To Do About Sleep Apnea - One of series of pages describing this disorder, its causes, treatments, therapies and other related information. Written in clear easy-to-understand language.
- What You Can Do About Sleep Apnea? - from the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Sanofi-Synthelabo U.S. - Scientists at Sanofi-Synthelabo, in cooperation with a number of prestigious sleep centers, are now studying new investigational medicines for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. Patients clinical trial opportunity. (December 31, 2000)